Ancient Greek Athena & Owl Coin Pendant - Archaic Period 454 - 404 BCe
- Authentic Ancient Greek Athena and Owl Silver Coin Pendant
- 18k prong set bezel with diamond
- 25mm in size - 17.23 grams silver
- Numistmatic Certificate of Authenticity
- Please inquire about chain options
- Very rare quality and Athena facing the same side as the owl. Perfect for dual sided pendant wear
Athena - Goddess of wisdom and war. The owl representing wisdom and knowledge, Athenian prosperity and pride. These coins were the equivalent to a dollar in Ancient Greece and was a reserve coin. These coins were spent across civilizations like Ancient Egypt and Syria. They were minted in Athens for over 400 years, beginning in 510 BC all the way through the Hellenistic Period 30 BCe.
This is a very special piece as this coin is in great shape.